Role Availability: Marketing Content Creator
Rural View, Mackay.
We’re excited to be hiring our very first dedicated content creator role. This is ideally a full-time role, however part-time options can be considered for the right applicant.
Please note, you must be in Mackay to be considered for this role. Please ensure you specify where you are located or if you plan on relocating for this role.
Welcome to Birdcage Marketing, the strategic and creative agency that merges insight with execution. We thrive on sculpting memorable digital narratives, and we’re searching for someone with a flair for storytelling to enhance our mission. If you’re keyed into social media trends, intrigued by the mechanics of consumer psychology, and handy with cameras, mics, lighting, and drones, then you’re the talent we’re keen to meet.
Working from our Rural View, Mackay, creative studio, you’ll be our in-house content creator for both our own marketing campaigns and supporting clients, as well as support with light studio admin support.
Ever wished for a role that’s the perfect blend of strategy and creativity? Well, here it is. As our Marketing Content Creator, you’ll collaborate closely with our Senior Strategists and Director to bring visions to life. We’re all about high vibes here. What we value most is your positive attitude, confidence, and drive to make things happen. If you’re an independent thinker who dares to tread where others don’t, you’ll fit right in. (Late-night TikTok scrolling and podcast binging are signs you’re our kind of people)
What you’ll be doing:
- Generating enthralling content across various social media platforms like Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, and Pinterest including editing content filmed by other team members but also driving the creation of content pieces
- Collating content for our email campaigns—don’t worry, we’ll offer design and build support
- Providing direction on Podcast topics for our Director to record
- Creating, coordinating, and editing short-form videos
- Repurposing content: Taking content from long-form to short-form—be it blogs, videos, or image posts
- Following the Director and relevant team members to locations such as home, work or public locations to capture content
- Office and Admin support across our Rural View Studio
Skills & Interests
- Short-form video filming (TikTok, Instagram etc.)
- Editing in CapCut or more advanced
- Audio editing in GarageBand or more advanced for our weekly Podcast episode
- A nuanced understanding of social media channels
- Repurposing content like a pro
- The ability to juggle multiple projects on the go
- Strong organisational skills
- A strong affinity for cameras, mics, lighting, and drones—or at least a strong desire to learn best practice
- Copywriting flair
- Long-form video creation (YouTube etc.)
- Professional photography experience
- An interest in AI technologies
- The desire to get on camera yourself – but not essential (we can work around this!)
- Agency / content creator experience a bonus but not essential. We know this is not a traditional role and therefore a natural flair and strong desire to figure *it* out is more important that your past experience.
At Birdcage, we’re based in Mackay but don’t expect small-town thinking. As a small but powerful team, we’ve gone global with our signature content-first marketing approach.
- Work at Mackay’s only strategic content marketing agency
- Career progression and national travel opportunities
- Strong focus on work/life balance
- Direct mentorship from our Director (@maddybirdcage on TikTok)
- Office snacks and beverages
- Free use of our content studio
- Office dog
Want to Apply?
Ditch the imposter syndrome and step up. This isn’t a role your need traditional “qualifications” for. Send us your CV along with a cover letter, and don’t hold back on showcasing samples of your work. We want to see your creative genius in action. Please note, you must be in Mackay to be considered for this role. Please ensure you specify where you are located or if you plan on relocating for this role.
Email email@example.com with your Resume and Cover Letter, and ideally a showcase of your work